Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Feeling trapped by my significant other. What to do?

My significant other and I were only dating for 4 months when we got pregnant (Yes I was on BC and used it properly but thats beside the point) He asked me to move in and we are slowly updating the house (Which is his, and was his grandparents before that). He has two dogs and Im really not a dog person but trying to like them anyway. He treats them like people letting them do pretty much whatever they want and it makes me mad he doesnt want my cat there but I have to deal with his dogs. Also he has 5 piece of crap cars that dont even all work and basically takes up all the garage so my car cant even get in there. AND he wants me to get rid of my mustang for an SUV. I feel like I have to ask him for permission when it comes to anything I want done with the house...and if it has anything to do with the dogs its his way or the highway. I grew up in a very clean clutter free house with nice things but only b/c we had only a few things that were nice and not a bunch of old smelly dog hair ridden stuff. I will admit he is agreeing to let me replace the 38 year old carpet with laminate floors....but big whop. I feel like a guest in the house that is supposed to be mine too. Some days are good and some are bad. But I dont feel like I have any control over my own life anymore. One day I will be fine and in love with him then the next I want to tell him if he wants everything his way him and his dogs can live in that filth he calls a house alone without his kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment